Epilogue

From up on top the hill, Sakura and Kakashi could not make out what exactly was going on; they could only hear a struggle. Then, a yell.

"Oh god..." said Sakura, realizing the scream was Edfred's. She began to go see what had happened, but Kakashi stopped her.

"No! We don't know what's down there... it... it'd be better to wait..."

"Kakashi is correct." said Muskoka mournfully.

And so they did, for what seemed like hours, though in reality it was only a few minutes.

"I think... i think he's de-" began Sakura, but just then the crystalline container flew over their heads and landed behind them. It was not, however, empty like before. Edfred then came up to them, bleeding from the head, roughed up, and black suit damaged, which exposed his surprisingly buff upper body.

After a moment of silence, Sakura asked; "Are you ok? We thought you had..."

"DIED? NONSENSE. SUE SOULS SUCH AS THIS, HOWEVER, ARE VERY DIFFICULT TO ROUND UP."

"Eddy! I knew you could do it! How bout' a victory kiss then, eh?" said Muskoka.

"WITH GUSTO!" - and the two then began to make out passionately (yet again).

Sakura and Kakashi looked at the container while Edfred and Muskoka shared their kiss; inside was a dark floating orb of a similar color to the light Ronan's body had emitted, and around the size of a bowling ball.

"A victory kiss for me would be nice too, ya know." interrupted an instantly recognizable voice.

"NARUTO!" both Sakura and Kakashi screamed, with Sakura running up to him and embracing him, giving him the kiss he had so requested.

"Oh my god... what had happened to you... I wasn't sure if you were going to make it..."

"It's OK Sakura. I'm ok now."

"I'm just... just so glad you're fine." she said.

"Me too." said Kakashi. The trio's reunion was then interrupted by Edfred clearing his throat. They looked over to him.

"I AM AFRAID MUSKOKA AND I MUST BE LEAVING. I WANTED TO BID YOU ALL GOODBYE."

"No! Wait!" said Sakura.

"YES...?"

"What's going to happen to... to that?" Sakura said, pointing to the trapped orb.

"AHH YES... MOST SUE SOULS CAN USUALLY BE LEFT ALONE, AS THEY EVENTUALLY FADE. HOWEVER, IN CASES SUCH AS THIS ONE, WHERE THE SUE SOUL IS SO POWERFUL, OTHER MEASURES MUST OFTEN BE TAKEN. THIS IS WHERE MUSKOKA COMES IN. CARE TO EXPLAIN SOME MORE?"

"Sure. Basically, with extremely strong Sue Souls, what we do is take them back to mine and Eddy's home dimension for Suevaluation, and then either:
A.) Place them permanently in a high security warehouse.
or
B.) Properly destroy them, if particularly dangerous."

"PLEASE tell me his soul is going to be properly destroyed and not... the other. I can't even bear the idea of his soul going on... I mean... he could get loose again."

"Well, I can assure you it would be highly unlikely that he would escape... but regardless we will still most likely take the second measure."

"How do you properly destroy a sue soul?" asked Kakashi .

"Well... I can't really say anything specific, but it involves cracking the orb, and putting it into a highly corrosive, specially designed Anti-Sue Acid."

"Oh... ok. But what about that 'creator' guys you and Edfred mentioned? What about him? If he created Ronan, couldn't he just rebuild him or something..." asked Sakura.

"That's been taken care of"

"How?" she asked again.

"I can't say. Meta-crisis, remember?"

"Oh yeah... that... well wha-"

Then, Edfred cleared his throat, clearly trying to stop the conversation.

"Yes, Eddy?" asked Muskoka.

"I DON'T WANT TO BE RUDE, BUT WE REALLY DO NEED TO VACATE THIS DIMENSION. THEY ARE EXPECTING US BACK SOON!"

Muskoka then checked his watch; "Damn! You're right."

Edfred then brought out a large knife, and seemingly cut into the fabric of reality, with a blue-white light emanating from the tear.

"Wait!" again said Sakura.

"AGHHH... YESS?" Edfred responded in a rude manner.

"Well, it's just that... thanks. I mean really. Thank you so much for everything you guys have done. We'll miss both of you" said Sakura.

"Yes, a lot" both Kakashi and Naruto said in unison.

Edfred stood silent, tears welling up in his eyes.

"SAKURA... KAKASHI... NARUTO... THANK YOU FOR WHAT YOU'VE DONE FOR ME. I MEAN IT. RONAN COULD NEVER HAVE BEEN DEFEATED WITHOUT YOU THREE; ESPECIALLY YOU SAKURA. DO NOT BELIEVE YOU ARE NOT STRONG, BECAUSE YOU ARE, AS YOU HAVE PROVEN TODAY. I WILL MISS ALL THREE OF YOU. GOODBYE!"

Edfred began to wave at them, as the trio said goodbye back. Muskoka stepped through the tear, and then Edfred, with the last part of him the trio seeing being his
waving hand. And with that, the rip closed almost immediately after he was gone. With all the excitement of what had just transpired, the trio had failed to notice
that it was now dusk, with the sun beginning to set behind the mountains.

"You know... if there was one thing I liked about Ronan's jutsu..." said Kakashi; the other two stopped in their tracks and stared at him in disbelief.

"It was those 'huge double L cup titties' as Ronan would say." Naruto began to chuckle uncontrollably, and Sakura wasn't sure whether to be mad or laugh too. She decided on the latter. She then grabbed them both close.

"Well, that may have been a jutsu, but boy did those things feel real... my back is still aching. I'm quite glad to be flat now, thank you very much!" The group shared a laugh, before Sakura's face became glum.

"What's wrong, Sakura?" asked Naruto.

Sakura began to tear up a bit.

"I just... I don't know how I'm going to deal with everything that happened... all the stuff I saw... he made me do... it's just... I'm still in shock. I feel so weak and dirty. I don't know how I'm going to handle it..."

The other two then stopped. Naruto looked at her sternly.

"Sakura. You listen to me. You are not 'weak', and you are not 'dirty'. I understand how things must be... but you have to know, that you are gonna make it through it. And you know how? Well, aside from therapy, you're gonna have us. We're gonna be there for you no matter what, and we're gonna help you through this as best we can."

Kakashi then gave perhaps the most agreeing and powerful head-nod one could ever give.

The trio then united in a hug, all openly crying. Not tears of sadness, but happiness. They then broke the embrace, and began walking into the sunset, arm in arm, ready for whatever awaited them.

The REAL End.

No comments:

Post a Comment